Sunday, February 16, 2014

College Life:Choosing the Right Major

I've struggled with this question a lot.

"Whats the right major for me?"
"Do I want to do this for the rest of my life?" "Is this all I can do?"

             To many college students this is everyday. I'm debating whether or not to keep my major in graphic design and animation. I want to animate but I could care less about graphic design. Problem is, you have to complete the graphic design courses first. When I was younger, I wanted to be a doctor. During my teen years I my decisions shifted between being an artist, engineer, or a doctor. Ultimately I decided not to be a doctor. Learning about the human body is hard work and I noticed that I just don't have the patience or skill. I had the drive and the capability, but at the end of the day it only gets you so far.
             A few years ago I reignited my interest in animation and I've been following that path ever since. I hope I'm making the right choice. Is this a fulfilling life? Does America need another animator? Does the world need another animator? and how could i use my skills in my company JWD Entertainment to help the world.
             Engineering is another passion of mind. I lost my way in that field later on do to the people around me and my fellow classmates.Everyone had very big egos and were extremely obnoxious. Still when I use auto CAD and come up with a cool design, I can't help but smile.This could be because of my teacher I had in high school when I took engineering. Regardless of the bad times, it felt like family and I always wanted to push the bar with designing a device that the world needs.
             But in the end I realize that my true passion is animating, and not only that but having a company that can change the notion of a corporation. One that gives back to the community I grew up in and trains youth at younger ages. The skills learned could guarantee a shot in the company in a few years.Right now is just a dream but I would like to see it happen. My first year of graphic design is coming to a close come May. No matter what I choose I hope that you guys and I can at least enjoy the ride.



Joshua Daniels

No comments:

Post a Comment